National Education Policy 2020.
First of all i would like to explain about organization Development connects is partnering Lokmitra an organization based in Rai Berelli ,UP for social marketing and promotion of their education initiative. Lok Mitra is an NGO that is committed to right of all children to free basic education with quality and equity and we proceed to a new era of education through NEP 2020.
The aim of the new policy is the universalization of education from pre-school to secondary level with 100% Gross Enrollment Ratio (GER) in school education by 2030.
Through the open schooling system, the NEP 2020 will bring 2 crores out of school children back into the mainstream.
- The current 10+2 system in the school will be replaced by a new 5+3+3+4 curricular structure corresponding to ages 3-8, 8-11, 11-14, and 14-18 years respectively.
Under the school curriculum, this new system will bring an uncovered age group of 3 to 6 years. This is the age that has been recognised globally as the c
- As per the new policy, there will be 12 years of schooling with three years of Anganwadi/ pre-schooling.
- The new policy emphasizes on Foundational Literacy and Numeracy. There will be no rigid separation between academic streams, extracurricular, vocational streams in schools. From class 6, Vocational Education will start with internships.
- As per the New Education Policy teaching up to at least Grade 5 will be in mother tongue or regional language. No language will be imposed on any student.
- Assessment reforms with Holistic Progress Card (360 degree) and for achieving learning outcomes progress of the students will be tracked.rucial stage for the development of mental faculties of a child.
Higher Education: Facts
- In higher education, Gross Enrollment Ration to be raised to 50% by 2035 and 3.5 crore seats to be added in higher education.
- Higher Education curriculum to possess Flexibility of Subjects.
- For fostering a strong research culture and building research capacity across higher education, National Research Foundation will be created as an apex body.
- Higher Education Commission of India (HECI) will be set up for the entire higher education, excluding medical and legal education. It will be a single overarching umbrella body.
- Higher Education Commission of India (HECI) will have four independent verticals namely National Higher Education Regulatory Council (NHERC) for regulation, General Education Council (GEC ) for standard-setting, Higher Education Grants Council (HEGC) for funding, and National Accreditation Council( NAC) for accreditation.
- In 15 years, Affiliation System to be phased out with graded autonomy to colleges.